Friday, October 18, 2013

Joy Mitra and Raima Sen paid tribute to Rituparno Ghosh at WIFW SS 2014

Noted Fashion designer Joy Mitra presented his collection entitled “Chokher Bali” on the fifth day of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2014 to pay tribute to Bengali filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh.
Joy, who worked with Ghosh as a costume designer in movies like “Khela” and “Dosar,” said “Having worked with him on few films, as a costume director, I learnt the fine nuances of cinema and it opened my horizon to fresh language of style.”

Interacting with him on many occasions, I would travel to a new world of literature, poetry, art and music. I consider myself immensely lucky to have got the opportunity to enrich myself, he added.

Joy’s  collections included free-flowing anarkalis, tunics with ornate zardosi embroidery, dhoti bottoms, crop tops, jacket tops, and sarees draped in Bengali style.

To bring more glamour to the show Bollywood actress Raima Sen walked the ramp as a showstopper wearing an elegant  lehenga-style saree and looked beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment